Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break in Minnesota?

It's true that I have an unusual job. I spend hours running about the city, meeting people and attending events. But in addition to frolicking outside, MMGers also are forced to attend work parties. Yesterday around 2:30pm we headed to McMahon's Irish Pub on Lake Street (not the nicest part of town....). There, we drank free margaritas and enjoyed an assortment of snacks. But to make things interesting, we had a costume contest. I was too scared to dress up, but the designers had no problem at all. They came dressed as beach balls, wet T-shirt contest girls (fake parts included), and an assortment of drunken spring-breakers. In the end it was "Walter"--the 40-something, beer-bellied, drunken man who won the contest...too funny.

After talking to a few people, I've decided that though parties are fun, I think I'd rather see the hundreds of dollars spent on booze and food go into my salary amount rather than my mouth. But oh well...we write because we love it.

No comments: