I really don't like to travel. At least the airport part of traveling. I like going to new destinations, but I hate lugging around luggage and waiting in lines and taking off almost all of my clothes to go through security. But, once I'm on the plane, I think I like it. I usually have an array of gossip magazines to read and some good tunes to listen to. And then, once we are up in the air, I really like looking out over the clouds--it's such a cool view of the world.
Anyway, this weekend I traveled to Washington to meet my very first nephew. He was the cutest thing ever! And he's such a boy already. He makes all these little boy noises like deep grunts and gurgles. It's perfect. And along with meeting Sammy, I got to hang with Rachel.
Amidst the gossip magazines and Sam, I also realized that I always want to live places where I can't. I love the big trees in Washington. Sure, Minnesota has trees. But not big ones. These trees tower over little Pleasant Ville culd-a-sacs and always stay green. Even in winter...and it really shouldn't be winter anymore.
After a great trip (which included a super fun night at Gig's Harbor where we sipped alcoholic beverages and ate fried chicken tenders next to two old guys who were strumming the guitar) I am now back in Antarctica. Literally. It is snowing. On April 7th. That just isn't right....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment