Thursday, April 10, 2008

Seriously?

It is supposed to snow 7 inches tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the day that I am supposed to run 16 miles. That means that I will be running at 5 a.m. in almost a foot of snow for three hours. Hooray!

In other news, last night I went to happy hour at the Hopkins Tavern with the usual Sarah and Adam crowd. The Tavern is kind of one of its own. We are always the youngest ones there by a good 25 years. But we don't mind. Their happy hour starts at 3 and goes 'til 7. And aside from the fact that every appetizer is fried (but so good), we can't get enough of their 2 dollar drinks. So anyway, we go to the Tavern and K102 is there! And after my second diet coke and rum with grenadine, Donna, Muss and Fish ask if they can ask us a few questions that they'll air in the morning. Since we were feeling pretty good, Sarah and I agreed!

The questions started out pretty innocently. Fish (why is his name Fish?) asked me what food I would like to eat at the new Twins stadium. Tater tot casserole. Then he asked me what the number one love life ruiner was. Slightly inappropriate. Video games of course. Then he asked me if I could have a extra body part, what would it be? Hugely inappropriate! No answer.

So the night rolls on and they are playing country music at the bar and happy hour comes to an end. Then this morning I turn on K102 and I hear our answers on air! It was the funniest thing ever. When they got to the part about the love-life ruiner, here was one man's answer (I quote because this is exactly what he said) :

"Our big panther cat! He's so cuddly that he likes to jump right in between us in bed!"

Wow. Roxy and Ruby, do not get any ideas.

No comments: